Thursday, December 17, 2015

Man it's been a while....the "weight" is over!

It's been a looooong time since I've sat my butt down and written a blog.  I figured it was time.  Lucky you.  And it's a good one too.  Well, they're all good....right? (This is when you nod your head at the screen,  fist pump in the air, all while simultaneously yelling "whoop whoop!") Ok, I'm getting all your good vibes people, and I thank you.
So this blog just happens to be about a sensitive subject for most women.  Weight, body image, yada yada yada.  I'll try and make it as interesting and entertaining as possible, plus little extra's here and there.
So for some reason, after I had my third and final kid, Max, my metabolism completely stopped.  Ok, I don't know if a metabolism can actually stop, but I'm trying to be dramatic here, so go with it. The first two, bounced back pretty quick.  The last one, not so much.  About a year ago I reached my breaking point. I was turning into something I always said I wouldn't....the dreaded "frumpy old mom." I needed to start taking care of myself better.  Despite thinking I was doing everything I needed to do to take care of myself, I now know I wasn't.  I was still dealing with the post partum depression I experienced after I had Max....I was tired all the time, and nothing I did would change my energy level. My clothes were too tight, my self esteem too low, and I was wondering what to do next. I needed an overhaul, a full service makeover.
Insert my lovely sister-in-law Ericka


Doesn't she look fun? Well let me tell you, she is. She's spunky and fiesty, beautiful, honest (which I love because she tells it like it is) and driven. To be completely honest, I was super intimidated when I met her for the first time because she's this confident, gorgeous gal that knows what she wants, and a natural born leader. I started noticing a difference in her, not just that she had lost some weight, but that she was practically glowing. She was exuding happiness and positivity.  I wanted more of that in my life. After asking her what she was doing, she introduced me to some super awesome products from a Superfood Nutritional Cleansing System that she's absolutely bonkers about. She totally lit up when she was talking about the products and what they've done for her.  Her attitude was contagious and I wanted it.
I was introduced to the fabulous Emily Vavra, who was the one that introduced Ericka to the crazy good products. Let me tell you people, these two ladies are something else. They both simply ooze positivity and strength....happiness, health and leadership. I wanted more of that in my life as well.
Now I'm not trying to sell anything here people, I just feel really really compelled to tell my story...for what it's worth. Take it or leave it :)
 For the past year I've been using some of these fan-freakin-tastic products in the same nutritional cleansing system Ericka has been using. Let me just tell you a little about my journey.
I started noticing not only that I was losing weight, but that my skin was softer and smoother....my mental health better and I was seeing life with more clarity.
I feel so good, mentally and physically. My energy is crazy good, and I'm feeling back to my normal self...but better. Now, I feel like these products aren't just about losing weight.  I feel like it's life changing in so many more ways. When you feel energetic, confident, sexy and motivated; it's a good feeling. A feeling that everybody deserves. All of this instills genuine confidence and changes the way you see life. I love these products so well I could seriously yell from a mountain top, like in a Riccola commercial (without the fog horn thingy, or whatever it is). I just feel like I want everyone to know that life is short and why wouldn't we all just try to be the best version of ourselves that we can be?
Now comes the dreaded pictures. I've lost about 15 pounds and gained so much more. The format of the pictures is kinda wonky, but it'll do. All the ones on the left side are "before" and on the right is "after." (After posting this and looking at it on my phone, the pictures all just show up on top of each other, just one column....hope you can tell which ones are before and after!)











 And this last picture sums up everything. I'm content, happy, confident, healthy, and exactly where I want to be.


The new year is all about starting over....setting the "reset" button. Starting in January there's a 16 week body challenge that I can't wait to start.  Even though its a 16 week challenge, I know anyone giving it a shot will be forever changed and will have created a new lifestyle for themselves.  As I've already said, it has significantly changed mine!  If anyone else out there wants to do it with me (I still need accountability!) Let me know!









1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss and that you're feeling healthier!

    ReplyDelete