Monday, December 19, 2011

Life is short...so let's dance already!

Life is too short to take yourself too serious.  You need to have some fun, get crazy once in a while, enjoy being silly and acting 20 years younger than you should.  My siblings bring this side out of me.  There's something about my sisters that transforms me into a crazier person than the already crazy person you all know.  Does that make sense? My brother is just starting to participate in our crazy activities. I think the first time David saw me with my sisters he thought... "What....the....."  We really are a sight to be seen.  Our favorite thing to do when we get together is dance.  And I don't mean regular, booty-shakin', same old boring dance moves.  I mean crazy, spasmodic, looks like we're having a seizure dancing.  It's actually a really good workout, and it's really fun.  This is what is usually looks like
Sometimes it's so crazy even I get scared

Well, actually it's very important to get a good stretch before our rigorous activity.
No, I'm not picking my nose.  Really, I'm not.  So once the stretching commences, the real "dancing" begins
My sister Liv likes to show her little 14 year old butt.  She's really 24, but looks like she's 14.
We also like to make different faces that tend to change with every move we do.
Any chance we get, we love to have a good rockin' dance party.  And everyone that visits usually has to participate
My brother Geir likes to hide in the background when we have dance parties.

 We also really love to pose.
We really really like to pose

Did I mention we like to pose?


My brother Geir has the posing down.  So does my older sis Berg...she likes to pretend she's a tiger (She's a few pics above)


Sometimes the posing goes terribly wrong
But that is all part of it.

Occasionally we'll get out some props
Nothing is really off limits with us.


This aspect of sibling-hood is something I thought about when we found out we were expecting our third child.  I hope my kids always have a "child-like" quality in them. I hope they always enjoy spending time together. I always want to encourage individuality in my children... always want them to explore every part of themselves and really enjoy life. I don't want them to be embarrassed or hide who they are.  I want to show them that life is fun...it's about enjoying every minute of it and not taking yourself too seriously.  It's good to let your hair down, bust out some awkward spazzy moves, and just lose yourself in the moment.  After all, life's too short not to!
So go have some fun...act a little crazy, it's good for you!  Oh, and don't forget to take pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this!!! We're so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously crazy! About to get crazier during Xmas in Chicago! Jo needs to see who her mama really is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super crazy! I love looking at all of these pictures. I love us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jo can't wait for the craziness! She's got mad moves.

    ReplyDelete