Monday, August 30, 2010

Mom-cation!!!!!!

Mommy got a vacation! Can I hear a "Hallelujah?"  It was time.  It was needed.  It was fabulous!  3 of my good 'ole college friends that I've known for 9 years decided it was high time to get the heck outta dodge for a while.  I couldn't have been accompanied by better gals.  Alicia's a single mom who just graduated from Law school.  She had her son while she was in school, managed to juggle school/single mommyhood, and somehow stayed sane throughout everything. She's got true grit that girl.  I admire her so much and can't sing enough of her praises.  She challenges me to explore the depths of my soul and I love just being around her.  She's got this determination that you can see when you look into her eyes...not only determination for her career but also for her son and being the best mom she can be.  I only wish I could be as tough/wonderful and determined as her.  Jes is....well, how do I describe her.  She's probably one of the most likable people you will probably ever meet.  Everyone is drawn to her, and everyone is a happier person for knowing her. You can't help but like her.  Her attitude on life,  her disposition in general, and her bubbly personality is totally, 100% infectious, and you want to just be with her as much as possible because you feel alive and happy and wonderful when you're with her.  I strive to have her outlook on life and her calm sense of everyday reality.  She makes me truly happy.
Candice is, well....she's my sunshine.  I always call her the sunshine in my life because she's exactly that.  She brightens up my life.  She sparkles and shines and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  She has this heart of pure perfection....she is so compassionate, considerate, genuine, and warm.  I feel like everything is right in the world when I'm with her.
So the four of us went to San Diego for almost a week and had the time of our lives!  It was so laid back and low-key that if one of us said we were going to take a nap, nobody thought anything of it.  We spent time at the pool reading, listening to music, and just enjoying everyone's company.  We went to the beach and acted like teenagers, posing for picture after picture and loving every minute of it!  We didn't have a care in the world, and for all of us, that was our true vacation.  There was no drama, no caddiness and no schedule,  which was pure heaven.
One of the great aspects of my trip was when I talked to David one night and he admitted to me how hard it was to be home with the kids.  He told me how much he appreciates me and what I do at home because it's not easy.  Can I hear an "Amen?"  Hello?!!!  Hell no it's not easy, and it felt so so so so so good to hear that affirmation.  Big sigh.  Hearing that made me feel like it was alright to come back...alright to step back into reality because everything was right in the world again.  I needed to hear that I was appreciated.  I needed to hear that what I do isn't easy.  And by David saying those things, he's never seemed so vulnerable/sexy/manly and wonderful.  I love that side of him.....the side where he's not perfect and everything isn't easy for him.  That makes me love him even more.
So I guess what I've realized is that mommies need vacations too.  It's ok to want/need to get away.  It's healthy and NEEDED, and good for not only yourself but for your kids.  I came back a better mother, a better wife, and a better friend.  Heck, I'm ready for another one girls....how about it?!

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean I'm not perfect? Did I say that ;) HA! Nice post....I love it and YOU!

    ReplyDelete